Purpose of the Role
Provide a first-class support service to the expert witness associates by completion of proofreading, report editing and formatting cost tables for medico-legal reports. To provide administrative support to the expert witness and expert witness team. This position is a crucial part of the administrative support network which means the candidate must be highly organised and operationally efficient. Regular communication with experts and other members of the team to ensure deadlines are accurate and met. Contribute to the development of the team and company.
- Administer cases and instructions electronically on Proclaim case management system
- Build professional working relationships with expert associates and support them with required aspects of their work
- To undertake proof reading and reports editing for the expert witness cases, assimilating the expert’s recommendations and formulating any required costing tables.
- Assisting expert witnesses to ensure processes and guidance for all reports and further work are adhered to.
- Preparation of report/document templates, for example commentary reports, Scott schedules and Joint Statements, plus formatting letters as necessary.
- Track progress of instructions and manage case load.
- To research and liaise with assistive device/medical/disability equipment suppliers to assist associates in formulating their reports. To keep resource files in this regard up to date.
- Proactively liaise with experts regarding upcoming workflow and assist with the renegotiation of deadlines, communicating with experts, trainers and/or customers as required.
- To prepare, format, organise signatures, password protect and submit reports and letters from experts
- To oversee the processing and filing of primarily electronic confidential documentary evidence and communications from solicitors on to the Harrison Associates systems and ensuring the storage and destruction of evidence on case conclusion in line with GDPR and company policy.
- To formulate report appendixes, including the list of evidentiary documentation. Liaise with solicitors regarding documentation/evidence as necessary.
- To help ensure the expert witness section is integrated with the other aspects of the business, through open communication, collaboration when appropriate and involvement in company events and meetings.
- Maintain good relationships and a professional image with our staff, associates, customers, and claimants.
- To assist with managing the EW administration email inbox, review and assign/action messages to the right case and administrator as necessary.
- Assist and participate in audit of the service as required.
- Support other team members when required
- To participate in mandatory training days and meetings as needed.
- Information gathering
- To ensure that the Operations Director is informed of any issues in relation to workload, health and safety, or organisational issues
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably required
Performance and Development
All staff are expected to take active part in the Individual Performance Review process and any training or development activities identified or arranged for them.
All staff are expected to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Health and Safety
All staff are expected to be aware of, and meet, their responsibilities for health and safety under legislation and Harrison Associates policies.
Experience, Specialist Knowledge & Skills (Technical & Functional)
- Administrative/office work experience
- Excellent communicator, with good writing skills, a friendly telephone manner, and capable of building professional working relationships
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good time management, routinely meeting deadlines
- Good customer focus
- IT literate with experience using Microsoft Office Packages, in particular Microsoft Excel and Word
- Numerate and literate – Maths and English GCSE at grade A-C
- Able to multi-task, focusing on the task in hand
- Pro-active and flexible
- Database experience
- Experience of working in a medico-legal environment
- Experience in supporting Expert Witnesses
- Qualified at Degree level or equivalent
You will also be expected to demonstrate that you meet other requirements, such as the right to work in the UK, relevant professional registration, and other such pre-employment criteria.
Salary, Benefits and Hours
- Salary £25,000 (full-time, 3-month probationary period)
- Full-time or part-time considered
- Hybrid position (working from home and West London based office) - equipment will be provided
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays from commencement of role
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance after 6 months service
- Death in service Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme
- Paid sick leave after successful probationary period (up to 10 days full pay/10 days half pay)
For more information and to apply, please contact Jess Remnant on 07880 203 462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org